You don’t have to be a prisoner of your own hair. Curly hair has a language all its own. It is beautiful, sexy, mysterious, and unpredictable. Everyone with curly hair has the potential to enhance their overall look without resorting to harsh chemical hair straighteners or excessive use of a fl at iron. Each head of curly hair is unique. Start your great curly hair journey with the right cut. Once you experience a great curly haircut and learn the proper techniques for curly styling, you will embrace your curly hair and feel confident that you can maintain a style that will get you rave reviews.
As a curly hair expert, I have the experience and skill to transform the most challenging set of tresses. I start by diagnosing the very personality type of your curls – lovely, mellow, mad, angry, or even chaotic curls – and set about coaxing them into shape in just the right way. Having perfected my techniques over 41 years, in addition to my own luxuriously curly hair, I encourage you to embrace your irresistible, natural ringlets and let them flow naturally. I enjoy sharing my lifetime of sensible secrets with anyone who has ever had a squabble with their follicles.
Living my life with curly hair, learning how it thinks, what makes it react or talk back, sometimes thinking I had lost, and my curls had won, I finally gave in and made peace with my curls. Through it all, I was determined to become an expert on curly hair. It is my lifelong pursuit and is the inspiration behind my self-professed moniker of ‘Curlyologist SM.’
I am often asked what my secret is when it comes to achieving a great cut for curly hair. It has taken me years to develop what I call the Diamond Technique. Where most people encounter problems with cutting curly hair is a flatter top and a bell-shaped bottom. With the Diamond Technique, I can give you fullness in the crown without sacrificing length around the face. The bell-shaped bottom is eliminated, and you achieve an even curl from the top down. My Diamond Technique is applicable to every type of curly hair. Read on to find out what personality your curls reveal. Learning what type of curls you have, and what to expect from them, is just the start to managing your curls!
8 TIPS FOR PERFECT CURLY HAIR
1. After washing, always blot your hair dry rather than rubbing or wrapping it turban style.
2. Use only a wide tooth comb with blunt tips or just your fingertips for styling.
3. Regularly use a hydrating leave-in conditioner.
4. Shampoo periodically, never every day.
5. Occasionally use a deep conditioning treatment. Consult your stylist for frequency of use.
6. Use a blow dryer with a diffuser rather than applying a direct air current.
7. Never use an iron to reshape or flatten curly hair.
8. Once you have styled it, leave it be. Don’t be tempted to run your fingers through it.
For more information, visit www.loftysalon.com.